• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job Offer And Background Check (Accenture)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

domain_pain

Virginia.

Does anybody know the policy on Accenture? Will they hire me with a misdemeanor dui which was 2 years ago? I have a job offer but it is contingent on a background check. I didn't have to fill out any questions regarding convictions on the online application.

Also, should I disclose this information to HR or just go through with the background check and let them find out?

Your answer in regards to this question will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

tranquility

Virginia.

Does anybody know the policy on Accenture? Will they hire me with a misdemeanor dui which was 2 years ago? I have a job offer but it is contingent on a background check. I didn't have to fill out any questions regarding convictions on the online application.

Also, should I disclose this information to HR or just go through with the background check and let them find out?

Thank you.
Disclosure is better than discovery.

Ladyback1

Virginia.

Thank you.
Definitely contact HR and let them know what they may find. And if position includes any sort of driving a company vehicle or your own vehicle for company purposes, you may not meet the general job requirements and the offer will be rescinded.

swalsh411

I'm going to disagree with the others. I wouldn't volunteer this information. If they didn't ask for it, I wouldn't share.

tranquility

I'm going to disagree with the others. I wouldn't volunteer this information. If they didn't ask for it, I wouldn't share.
Yet, Accenture is a serious business who will do enough of a background check to know the information. I will assume the OP will have an interview with a background investigator and that is the time I'd disclose.

domain_pain

I will obviously disclose it on the background check form if they ask. I am not trying to hide anything. I made a mistake and learned from it and will not make it again.
I just wanted an opinion on if I should talk with HR after filling out the background check form, just so they are aware of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">