• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

JOB SUSPENSION

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Prince428

I LIVE IN NEW YORK STATE, I AM CURRENTLY EMPLOYED AS A SECURITY OFFICER FOR A PRIVATE HOUSING COMPLEX. I AM A UNION MEMBER THERE AND IS ALSO CURRENTLY LICENSED AS A SECURITY OFFICER IN N.Y. STATE. ABOUT 4 MONTHS AGO I WAS ARRESTED, I IMMEDIATELY NOTIFIED THE N.Y. STATE LICENSING DIV. OF THE ARREST AS REQUIRED. I ALSO INFORMED MY EMPLOYER OF THE ARREST , AT THAT POINT MY EMPLOYER SAW FIT TO SUSPEND ME W/O PAY PENDING THE OUTCOME OF THE COURT CASE. THE UNION INFORMS ME THAT I SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED BECAUSE OF AN ARREST AND THAT I SHOULD RECEIVE ALL BACK PAY DO ME AS A RESULT OF THE SUSPENSION. WHAT ADVICE CAN YOU GIVE ON THIS MATTER AND DO I HAVE JUST CAUSE TO SUE MY EMPLOYER FOR AN UNWARRANTED AND UNJUST SUSPENSION?

L

LadyFable

Since you are a represented employee, contact your union and file a grievance. You must utilize the grievance process, that is what you pay your union dues for. There is probably several steps to your union grievance up to and including mediation. Don't waste too much time, as so union contracts have a specified amount of time to file the grievance. The employer can deny the grievance based solely on the untimeliness. Based on the type of charges filed against you, your employer might have felt you were a security risk. nonetheless.. file a grievance..

Good Luck.

I am not a lawyer.. I merely give my opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">