• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job was threatned, now layed off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thread63

What is the name of your state? Wyoming...

I worked for a government contractor for the Air Force and was recently released. The person releasing me (from MY company) told me that I was doing a good job, offered to move me to another position, etc, but had to lay me off from my current position because the "customer" (a Lt Col. in the Air Force) wanted me gone.

Prior to this release (several months ago), the wife of this Lt Col had threatened my job because of my position on my children's school board and her anger at the school. (This was documented by the school principal and has been recorded by the Air Force) . Since her "threat" things coincidentally had become more difficult for me and my company to work with the "customer" and now I have been layed off because of this Lt Col. felt that "management needed to go".

Is there any recourse I may take from the documented threat of this Lt Col's wife? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not based on what you have posted. If you were working under a contract and the contract expired, they have no legal obligation to renew it. And if you were not working under a contract, then you were employed at will and they can release you for any reason not prohibited by law - this is not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">