• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jury Duty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LA2005man

What is the name of your state?Ca

:rolleyes:
Its customary to sumit a copy of our summons to our supervisor for verification. I received a second updated summons that my request for summons date as been accepted. I never requested them and its dates just happened to correspond to our shift. I sent my supervisor an e-mail of my disaproval. We spoke and he said he did not do it. The supervisor is the only person I sent a copy to.

This is not a big deal, however I found it unethical. Is there anything I can do? I know I don't have any way of proving it.

Two years ago my manager tried to changes the date by speaking to the clerk. I know all you need is my jury i.d number and it can be done via their automated phone system.

???

Thanks

Beth3

Its customary to sumit a copy of our summons to our supervisor for verification. I received a second updated summons that my request for summons date as been accepted. I never requested them and its dates just happened to correspond to our shift. I sent my supervisor an e-mail of my disaproval. Huh? Maybe it's just me but I don't have a clue what you're talking about other than that you received a summons for jury duty and gave a copy to your supervisor.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If your question is, is it customary for an employer to require proof that you have been called for jury duty, yes, it is.

HomeGuru

LA2005man said:

Its customary to sumit a copy of our summons to our supervisor for verification. I received a second updated summons that my request for summons date as been accepted. I never requested them and its dates just happened to correspond to our shift. I sent my supervisor an e-mail of my disaproval. We spoke and he said he did not do it. The supervisor is the only person I sent a copy to.

This is not a big deal, however I found it unethical. Is there anything I can do? I know I don't have any way of proving it.

Two years ago my manager tried to changes the date by speaking to the clerk. I know all you need is my jury i.d number and it can be done via their automated phone system.

???

Thanks
**A: your manager has no jurisdiction to change dates.

Beth3

Nah, we're all just guessing at what the poster means. I think he may be suggesting his supervisor managed to get the dates of his jury duty changed but that's not at ALL clear.

S

seniorjudge

LA2005man said:

???

Thanks

Please re-phrase your question(s).

LA2005man

jury duty

I'm assuming my supervisor changed the summons dates via the automated jury call in line. All you need is my jury i.d. # which he has a copy of. He is the only one I sent the copy of the summons to. The date on the newly issued summons corresponds exactly with the date of our shift change. A coincidence? perhaps! coupled with other dubious past actions of my supervisor has led me to believe that the change was done by him.

Is their something I can do?

bad4u

speak to the county Clerk

ask them if they changed your date or was changed by automated call in, Let them know that you didn't change it. Ask them, good-Luck

Beth3

Your supervisor said he didn't do it.

You can contact the appropriate person at the courthouse and ask how it was that your summons date was changed. Trial dates change all the time. Perhaps they changed it and you're wrongly accusing your supervisor.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Agreed. My jury duty date was just changed from February to April, by the state jury commission.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">