• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Just Cause" Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jesus628

Florida; I was employed for approx. 19 yrs in a county hospital with a union. I have never been given a verbal warning or written reprimand. I have not received a performance evaluation in 6 yrs (since my boss took over), a job description does not exist for my position and no attempt has been made to implement one.
My boss called me to his office on Wednesday, 11/14/01 at 2:00 p.m. and informed me that I was terminated. When I requested to see the letter of termination, he refused to show it to me. He offered me the opportunity to resign my position and that he would pay me through January 2002. He said, "you can think about your decision and provide me with an answer by Friday, Novemer 16 at 12:00 p.m.".
What steps should I take from hear??? It all happened too fast.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">