• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

labor law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mendy_G

Iowa. Are there laws concerning the number of hours a person can work in one day or one week? My mother signed a contract a couple years ago to be store manager of a fast food store. It was 45 hours at $32,000. It has slowly been getting worse and worse last week she was schedules 89 hours and this week she is schedules 72. She sometimes is required to close and not get home til 1 or 2 am and is expected to be back at work by 5 to 7 am. Is this legal? When she said something to her boss, she was told the reason the last store manager ws fired was for starting trouble and that my mom should just do her job. I am worried this is not healthy and doesn;t seem legal. Thank you for any help you can give.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">