• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

labor law: quitting with expenses owed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

baldie

Pennsylvania.

I quit a company with approximately $12,000 dollars worth of expenses being owed to me. On my exit review I had recieved a letter stating that the company would pay on the next accounts payable cycle. Note that I did recieve my final paycheck! But it has been a month since my last day with no word of the status of my expense check. I have searched the web endlessly for laws, situations or questions by others regarding this matter but I have not found anything. I understand the department of labor would aid in cases with paychecks but I am unsure about expenses. This money is mostly on their corporate credit card (which is in my name, with late charges of %2.5 each month. If the company doesn't pay me I can't afford to pay the balance.

Are there any specific laws regarding payment of expenses upon resignation?

How can I protect my credit rating in such a situation?

What can I do to ensure payment of this?

Thanks in advance
Mike

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">