• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

laid off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tcomb45

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire...Hi, I was laid off from my job as a cleaner..A new contracter came in at a cheaper rate...I've been there 5 yrs so i worked my self up to a lil over $11 now they come in and want us to go down to 9.50 can they do this.....And i'm in the union...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Are you asking whether or not they can lower your pay?

Or are you asking if they can lay you off in favor of someone else at lower pay?

Sockeye

Hello Laid Off,

Are you a contractor? You mentioned a "new contractor" so it sounds like you were one yourself.

If you are, then unless you had some binding contract then yes it's legal. If you aren't and the company has let you go and hired a contractor to do the job the it sounds like you were out-sourced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">