• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

laid off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Peanut77

I work in the state of massachusetts and I was just laid off from my job. The company put out names on envelopes and instructed us to which room we needed to go to. Once in that particular room you were informed if you were loosing your job. When I lost my job they told me that my health insurance was cancelling that day. if the company new we were loosing our jobs, is it legal for them to keep this information from us until that particular day? Can they terminate our insurance that day as well? Are they not obligated by the state (or any other laws) to inform us within a certain period of time? They are also with-holding my severance pay (6-weeks)and cobra-insurance until I sign a release with detailed information that I will not do and/or say certain things? Can they do this? please help me

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">