• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laid off,8-28-01, called back 9-11-01, benifit laws? help! please read! thank you!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nickymom

I was laid off Aug. 28, 2001 and was called back Sept. 11, 2001. I went through no new employment procedures. No new drug test, no new application, no new tax forms, I even have the same employee number. I was due for 12 days vacation on Jan. 14, 2002, one year from my hire date. they will not give me those days. Are there laws in the state of Indiana saing that they have to? I was laid off less than 2 weeks?!:confused:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In Indiana you cannot lose time you have ALREADY earned unless there is a specific agreement saying that you can, but they are not required to use your original hire date in vesting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">