• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laid off after I was assured I had a job.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mar21

What is the name of your state? CA
I worked for a Company who was bought by another Co.
On April 1,2003 there was an employee meeting letting us know we had been bought and the new boss assured us we all still had our jobs.
On 4-8-03 I was laid off and his reason was that they had no money. I don't believe this was the reason. Can they lay you off after you have been assured of your job?

HomeGuru

mar21 said:
What is the name of your state? CA
I worked for a Company who was bought by another Co.
On April 1,2003 there was an employee meeting letting us know we had been bought and the new boss assured us we all still had our jobs.
On 4-8-03 I was laid off and his reason was that they had no money. I don't believe this was the reason. Can they lay you off after you have been assured of your job?
**A: yes and have you found a new job since?

H

hexeliebe

Yep.

They can also fire you after telling you you're a nice guy, the best employee they have ever had or even during the christmas party.

M

mar21

Re: Re: Laid off after I was assured I had a job.

HomeGuru said:
**A: yes and have you found a new job since?
No, I have not found another job yet. Thank you very much for your advice, I really do appreciate it. Have a nice day! :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">