• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laid Off Due to Job Being Abolished?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NinaM

I'm writing for my sister in law who does not have access to the internet. She worked for NAPA in NYS for 27 1/2 years, and about a month or so ago, out of the blue, she was called in and told they were abolishing her job, gave her no time to think of her options. Said they would give her a early retirement package which would not be what she should have gotten. She found out her job has not been abolished. Even if it was, wouldn't you think that she should have been kept and someone else with less seniority let go. I think it was because she was getting to close to retirment age, and they wanted her out. Now, she is getting a problem with unemployment which they say she "quit" her job. Is there someone or someplace she can call and get some help. She is a single person and can't be without a job, even with the little bit of retirement they gave her. I think she has some sort of case or at least find out what can be done about this. I would appreciate any help you can give me regarding this so I can relate this to her. I currently live in GA but am from NYS, and keep in contact with her. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">