• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

laid off salary cut

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

90xfutbol

Hello,
A year ago I got laid off when I was a full time employee, and after 3 months I got called back into work again as a temp. Since then I got hired on full time but making 2 dollars less an hour than what I was making when I was full time before they laid me off. I have the same title and duties as of when I was working before I got laid off. I was wondering if this is legal for them to bring me back to full time but with less pay than what I was making before?

hat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hello,
A year ago I got laid off when I was a full time employee, and after 3 months I got called back into work again as a temp. Since then I got hired on full time but making 2 dollars less an hour than what I was making when I was full time before they laid me off. I have the same title and duties as of when I was working before I got laid off. I was wondering if this is legal for them to bring me back to full time but with less pay than what I was making before?

hat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
Yes. Congrats on getting a job.

ETA: How old are you?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is 100% legal for them to bring you back at a lower rate and they are never, under any circumstances whatsoever short of a legally binding and enforceable contract, required to pay you more than minimum wage (the higher of Federal or state, if different) and overtime if you work it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">