• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

laid off with vacation time accumulated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

xeno555

Hello i am writing from daytona beach florida
here is my problem, a few weeks prior to being laid off from my job i had accumulated 2 weeks vacation time, i asked about my vacation time prior to being laid of, but kept getting a runaround,
now after i have been laid off the company refuses to give me that vacation time, is that legal , or is there some sort of legal action i can take to recieve my vacation pay
please send all comments to
[email protected]

L

loku

Your right to vacation pay upon termination depends on established company policy or on your employment contract if you have one. If the company does have an established policy of paying vacation pay in such situations, then you are entitled to such pay. Otherwise you are not unless it is part of your employment contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">