• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Last to find out about my termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JSBowen73

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Kansas

I worked in Kansas, lived in Missouri.

I was a full time exempt manager. On March 8th, I left for 3 days to NY. (Last worked shift was March 7th) When I returned to work on March 11th, I was informed I was being terminated. I may not totally agree with the termination, but my problem is as follows: On March 8th, the general manager who terminated me informed an hourly (non-exempt) employee that I "no longer work there, and they will tell me when I return from New York. They then proceeded to "offer" him my assistant's job - since she was (presumably) going to take mine. On March 13th, I found out about this conversation and immediately called Corporate HR. She said she will look into it, but I still have not heard from her. The general manager also found out that the non-exempt employee had told me of the conversation, and berated him for "putting him in a sticky situation." Is there anything that I can do?

Joseph

Beth3

Is there anything that I can do? No. The employer deciding to inform other employees that you were going to be terminated before they informed you is not unlawful.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
While I'm not saying the situation was handled well or properly, nothing illegal has transpired.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">