• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Last paycheck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

water7

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Have been let go from my job, employer paid one check when equipment turned in, I forgot 2 small items and notified them I can drop off at the office. Been waiting for my last check since Friday, (supposed to be mailed), office mgr states she has it but can't give it to me until I talk to the owner, who hasn't answered voice or email messages.

Perhaps he's busy but wondering what are my options in this situation; legally.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Michigan law is a little funny in that it does not give a specific time frame, but indicates that you must receive your last check as soon as the amount can be determined. If she has your check, clearly they have been able to determine the amount.

You can, if you wish, complain to the MI DOL.

However, if I were in your shoes, before I did that I would immediately drop off the two items belonging to the company that I still had in my possession, and see if that didn't shake the check loose.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">