• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To Lawrat....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

California Sun

I was working for a sheetmetal shop, in the silkscreen department. I was the only white girl, everyone else was spanish. I had to learn spanish to understand wht they were saying ( I knew some of the "men" would talk about me and I wanted to cover my @$$) I worked there over a year, got along with everyone, even the management from the two main buildings. There were no problems. The first guy who sexually harrassed me was fired on the spot ( they already knew his reputation)

After working there a year and a half, another guy, I thought was a friend asked me point blank when we were going to sleep together. I suggested to him that he NEVER say that to me again. That was the begining of it all!! Another girl who worked with me in a different department (but same building) told me how our supervisor was saying unwelcome things to her, and we both went to the HR dept, got it on record as to what was said to both of us. The supervisor apologized to the other girl, and I was given no apology. Then my manager started telling me that I had to adhere to a specific schedule if not they were going to fire me. When I was hired, I told them I had to leave at certain times to pick up my daughter, and they agreed to this in writing!!

They also knew I had a heart condition, and refused me medical attention on two different ocassions. I called in sick a couple times and I used my vacation days as they came up (8 hours here, 8 hours there). I also notified them in writing about Dr. appoinments, which was one of the days hey refused me to attend (to get more medication). The manager told me that maybe I should go on disability, how rude!

They started writing me up for erroneuos things such as being late two minutes!! and yes I have copies of everything. They told me I caould talk to anyone about the problems in our building ( I knew better than that, the onwer's bro is a friend of mine). They retailiated (sp?) against me and tried to get me to quit and find different ways to fire me. The guy who harrassed me got no repremand! He also said when I lost my voice that I lost it by giving too much H**D over the weekend. NOTHING WAS DONE TO THIS GUY!! He is the brother to the supervisor who harrassed the other girl.

What can I do? What is the statute of limitation in CA on harrassment and retailation (sp?) AM I wrong to not do anything and let them get away with this??

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Wow. Okay. First of all, kudos to you for keeping records. Good job!

As to what is going on, you need to seek an EMPLOYMENT LABOR LAW ATTORNEY IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!

Try attorneypages.com. If not, contact the california state bar association (los angeles or san francisco, whichever is closer for you) and go from there.

You have a good case of sexual harassment, a good case of breach of contract (written agreement), a good case of them violating the Americans with Disabilities Act, etc.

You may also have a good constructive termination case.

You need to read all the employment law section located at the freeadvice.com homepage. They will fill in the blanks.
Then seek the type of lawyer I suggested.

Good luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">