• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LawRat/ TX State Workers Comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TxBlu

I posted on here awhile back regarding an injury I had while working for a major store chain 5yrs ago. This is what I am facing now and need some kind of advice about.
The insurance co disputed all the findings from the Dr. on the basis I was originally diagnosed 5yrs ago with a strain in my back. Ok, So now I have had 3 Dr.'s that have statements that it is their opinion that this new diagnosis (L4-5, L5-S1) disk herniation, disk space narrowing and degenerative Disk are a result of the original injury.
I am just wondering if you or anybody else knows when they will no longer have anything to dispute? In the meantime I am sitting here getting medical bills that say I am 120 days into billing, have been off work since April 11, 2000. Have been terminated from my job that I was working at prior to the recurrance of this injury, am having to file for SSI benefits. You name it it is happening. I just want to get the surgery and get better so I can go back to work and it seems like it could take years to get this resolved. I know they think that by doing this I will give up and go away eventually, maybe they are hoping to devestate me financially... I am living on pain killers and not able to function as a normal 35 yr old woman. Isnt there a point that their options to dispute are halted? I mean how many more hearings can they request before they finally are forced to say ok, we we concede, this is a compensable injury and go ahead with the surgery? I have already had the 2nd opinion for the surgery and am just waiting for them to exercise all their hearing resolutions. There has to be an end to this at some point. Also is there any legal action I can take to speed up this process? I already know that I amnot entitled to any compensation because of the laws in TX.. they are in favor of the insurance co.'s. I just want to speed this up and get it done and over with before I chicken out with the surgery.
Please HELP??

[This message has been edited by TxBlu (edited October 13, 2000).]

U

Unhappy-maximus

ooooolatee

[This message has been edited by Unhappy-maximus (edited October 13, 2000).]

L

LadyBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Unhappy-maximus:
ooooolatee

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unhappy-maximus
Member posted October 13, 2000 05:59 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We hope the doctor slips and oooops, no more Renae! Where shall we bury her? We can just *sigh* in relief that you are gone.

You really should have left the message alone in its entirety, that way when people read your other message to me on the family law board calling me a sickee then they can have all the facts. I cannot recall ever being anywhere that people openly stated they would want someone dead like this.
I do hope you are able to seek medical attention for your mental disability soon.

L

LadyBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Unhappy-maximus:
ooooolatee

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">