• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer said yes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

faithnlve

What is the name of your state? Vermont. I have a good lawsuit pending against a previous employer for wrongful termination. The lawyer is contigency based. I was fired instead of the harasser. Anyways, I was recently called by a manager (friend of mine) of this "huge" company, and told the company is re-hiring and to apply for days so I was away from the harassers. My attorney says this would be ok, and would not affect the lawsuit. I LOVED my job, and would like to go back. This company is all over the world and employees hundreds of thousands of employees. It is only a temp job for 3 years with possibility of permanency after that 3 years. I filled out the application on line, and now just waiting to see what happens. Wouldn't it be to this company's benefit to hire me back? The people who hire are not in this state and may not be aware of why I was let go or the events leading up to them discharging my employment. What is your advise in all this? Thanks Faith

Beth3

Wouldn't it be to this company's benefit to hire me back? Yes because it would limit the damages for which they are liable if they lose the suit.

What is your advise in all this? Your attorney, who is intimately familiar with the particulars of your situation, is in a far better position to advise you than anyone here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">