• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Layoff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chivonne

I am working for a trucking company in Florida. We were takin over by our sister company approx. 6 months ago. They have decided to shut down our branch leaving a few of us with out jobs. We got just short of 2 weeks notice. This has left me without a job. Am I entitled to any compensation other than drawing unemployment??

B

buddy2bear

Would have been nice if they had offered severance or even a job with the sister company. However, no union equals no recourse - no bargaining over closure of facility. You are at-will and therefore they don't have to give you anything. Sorry. Also, as long as you stay on unemployment, you will be pushing up their rate if you are drawing off of them, which might make you feel a little better about how they treated you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">