• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Layoff after while on personal leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zvision

California
Hi,
My manager agreed on my 3 month-personal leave although, before I was able to return she told me there was no position available in the company for me and that my job need to be terminated. They terminated my job on the day that I was supposed to return to work. The company didn't pay me any severance package. Is this legal?

During the same period more colleagues lost their jobs as the company I worked for aquired another company and there was a massive layoff. Could you please advise if I am entitled to receive a base pay for 5 years on service?
Thank you,

Beth3

My manager agreed on my 3 month-personal leave although, before I was able to return she told me there was no position available in the company for me and that my job need to be terminated. They terminated my job on the day that I was supposed to return to work. The company didn't pay me any severance package. Is this legal? Yes.

Could you please advise if I am entitled to receive a base pay for 5 years on service? A base pay? Huh?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Nothing in the law requires them to pay you a severance package no matter how long you worked for the company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">