• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Layoff confidentally

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nicole02

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? LOUISIANA

My boss told me that i was on the list to be laid off but he decided to keep me. He also stated that several people was talking up for me. The very next day he talk with one of my coworkers and told her that he was going to lay me off but he decided to keep me and i needed to step up my game. My feelings was hurt when she came and told me that i need to step up my game. I felt like that information was confidental. Please tell me if i am wrong.

Last edited:

Proserpina

My boss told me that i was on the list to be laid off but he decided to keep me. He also stated that several people was talking up for me. The very next day he talk with one of my coworkers and told her that he was going to lay me off but he decided to keep me and i needed to step up my game. My feelings was hurt when she came and told me that i need to step up my game. I felt like that information was confidental. please tell if i am wrong.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

There's nothing stopping your boss from gossiping (no matter how unprofessional that might be).

That's assuming that your coworker is telling you the truth, too.

swalsh411

Well well aren't you the whiney one. Do you have a clue how many people are out of work right now? Do you have any idea what it's like to be unemployed? How hard it is to find a job? And here you are complaining that you get to keep your job but your "feelings are hurt".

You probably should have been laid off. It would teach you a valuable lesson.

HomeGuru

Well well aren't you the whiney one. Do you have a clue how many people are out of work right now? Do you have any idea what it's like to be unemployed? How hard it is to find a job? And here you are complaining that you get to keep your job but your "feelings are hurt".

You probably should have been laid off. It would teach you a valuable lesson.
**A: and step up your game nicole.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
please tell if i am wrong

You are wrong.

No law requires any kind of confidentiality.

Hot Topic

My boss told me that i was on the list to be laid off but he decided to keep me. He also stated that several people was talking up for me. The very next day he talk with one of my coworkers and told her that he was going to lay me off but he decided to keep me and i needed to step up my game. My feelings was hurt when she came and told me that i need to step up my game. I felt like that information was confidental. Please tell me if i am wrong.
Most, if not all, of the your coworkers probably already knew that you needed to step up your game. And they may have already felt that if there was a list of people to be laid off, you probably were going to be on it.

If you want to be treated like a professional, act like one.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is not, in fact, outside the realm of possibilty that the co-worker initiated the conversation, wanting to know if the employee who needed to step up her game was going to be laid off. Trust me, co-workers know when someone is not pulling their weight.

Betty

Unfortunately, you're most likely going to get your feelings hurt a lot in life. You are wrong - that type of information is not confidential.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">