• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Layoffs & the WARN Act (Florida)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dmednick

Our office (a subsidiary of a much larger corporation) is being closed on January 14th, 2002. We were informed of this two weeks ago but have not received anything formally (in writing). We were told that we would receive a standard severance package as well as job re-placement assistance. Due to the size of the layoff, we do not fall under the WARN act (we have 49 employees). What are my rights if I do not receive anything in writing announcing the shut-down? As employees, we are entitled to use vacation even though it has not accrued, does this mean that on Jan 1st I can take my entire vacation for the 2002 year without fear of having to repay it? Can they expect me to reimburse them if they plan to lay me off? What are my rights?

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">