• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"With the leave of the Court" Preliminary Injunction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anitatan

On last Friday, it was the deadline for the temporary restraining order and the date of the preliminary injunction hearing against me in Ohio. My former employer advised they were asking for an extension of the temporary restraining order. I was not able to attend the hearing as I am residing in Malaysia and not a U.S. Citizen. I was not able to find an Ohio lawyer to represent me. Today, my former employer advised me they filed an amended complaint last Friday "with the leave of the court". They never mentioned what happended to the injunction hearing or the temporary restraining order. What is the likely results? What do you mean with "leave of the court"?

E

Ex Hr Guy

The "leave of court" thing means simply that the court granted them permission to amend the charges in their complaint. This is often allowed as a matter of discretion.

You'd better find out what their new charges are as they could have raised the stakes considerably -- if for example they were seeking an injunction and now they are seeking $10 million in damages, it might change what you do.

A

Attorney_Replogle

I remember answering one of your earlier questions. I know you are in Malaysia so can't you speak with an attorney there? Surely someone there knows enough U.S. and or international law to help you.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">