• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaving during 2 week notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilslim11

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

This question may be employment or tenant related, will post in two threads.

I work for a large property management company. One of the benefits of employment is a discounted rate on my apartment. I resided in the apartment on a regular lease before employment. When hired, I had to sign an employee lease. Now, due to a very uncomfortable working environment (because I was a "whistle blower" to my bosses superiors), I do not feel comfortable working the remaining week and a half of my notice. I am not as concerned with this affecting my future employment as I am with it causing me to lose my apartment. If I stay the full two weeks, I am entitled to re-sign a regular lease. Can this right be taken away if I leave sooner? I was told upon hiring that I could be evicted if I was terminated for criminal reasons, but nothing about voluntary termination without a full two weeks notice.

Thank you for your time.

Beth3

If I stay the full two weeks, I am entitled to re-sign a regular lease. Can this right be taken away if I leave sooner? That depends entirely upon the particulars of your current lease and/or any employment contract you may have entered into.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">