• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaving employment prior to end of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rewot

Hi All, a Kiwi I am (NZ'er), was wondering if anyone can help me with this query. I know I am asking in the wrong place, but you are my last hope at short notice!

I am in a bit of strife with my present employers, and would like to leave prior to the 4 weeks notice required, can anyone please give me an interpretation of this exert from my contract.

Either party may terminate this individual employment agreement by giving one months notice of termination of employment to the other party.

This individual employment aggreement may also be terminated by either party immediatley and without written notice by, in the case of a termination intiated by the Company, payment to yourself of salary in lieu of notice, or in the case of termination initiated by yourself, the forfeiture of salary in lieu of notice.

My employer has warned me that under no circumstances can I leave because I am contracted to stay, but I am confused by the above.

Can anyone help me??!!, am I stuck here for another month??

Thanks for reading this far, thanking you kindly in advance.

Kind regards,
Kiwi

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">