• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaving my job... Please HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Andrecj

What is the name of your state? florida

1. I will be giving my two weeks notice to my employer . I'm
afraid they will tell me to quit immediately. Can I be compensated for that period?

2. My company has a Profit Sharing plan. Upon leaving, can I require that money be transfered to may Roth-IRA or can I cash it out? Or none? When do I have access to the money?

3. My company has a vacation policy of 2 weeks per year. Do vacation days accumulate as the year passes by or I have to work the full year and than have the right to those 2 wks? When I leave my job, can I request the unpaid vacation days?

mykoleary

no, either, of course (but whether or not you get them is another story, and only they can answer that, but you are not legally entitled to them.)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
1.) You CAN be. Whether or not you WILL be is up to the employer. Some companies pay out a notice period, others don't. They have no legal obligation to do so.

2.) There is no way we can answer your questions on the profit sharing plan with any accuracy since we don't know even the basic details of the plan.

3.) In Florida, it is entirely a matter of company policy how the vacation time accrues and whether the company will pay it out at termination. You can ask for anything you want, but it's up to the company whether to agree or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">