• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Left job and still receiving payhcecks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vegasinfant

What is the name of your state? NJ

Hello - I recently left a job at a large company after 2 months and i am still receiving paychecks. is this a case of good fortune or am i legally obligated to tell my previous employer and pay the money back? can my previous employer retroactively take back the money they've already paid me? also, what about money that was/has been going to my 401k plan, can they lay claim to that as well?

THANKS

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Of course you have to tell your employer about it and of course you have to pay it back. Yes, they can claim money you received in error that you are not entitled to. What it the world is with you people that you think this could possibly be money you get to keep? What is wrong with the world today?

(shaking head in utter disbelief)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">