• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this legal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mandy7181

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My sister in law was supposed to work on Saturday. Due to some previous plans she asked for the day off. Her boss said it was ok as long as she found someone to take her shift. She did that and the person was written on the schedule in her place. That person did not show up on Saturday to work. Because of that, they fired my sister in law. However nothing was done to the other person. Can this legally be done considering my sister was removed from the schedule and the other person was put into her place

HomeGuru

mandy7181 said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

My sister in law was supposed to work on Saturday. Due to some previous plans she asked for the day off. Her boss said it was ok as long as she found someone to take her shift. She did that and the person was written on the schedule in her place. That person did not show up on Saturday to work. Because of that, they fired my sister in law. However nothing was done to the other person. Can this legally be done considering my sister was removed from the schedule and the other person was put into her place
**A: yes it is legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">