• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal advice needed before surgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iikingli

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

Hello everyone I have a situation and i need some help; anyone with any legal background that could help would be great.

I am currently working for a company and Several months ago before I moved to NC, i had found out that my exisiting back problem was getting worse, (after i was promoted to a new positon) I spoke with my employer and stated that my dr. said i may need to have back surgery so if this going to cause a problem with my job i will not have my house built in NC and i will stay in New Jersey, So my Director said not to worry move forward with my home and things will be fine and if they need to find me a different position to work from home or something along the lines of that they will.

Well today 8 months later my DR. here in NC informed me that i had to have a spinal fusion so i informed my boss and he basically said we will see what we can do but you should start looking for another job, im pretty sure this isnt legal. First of all they new ahead of time when i was hired at the company i had back issues from the military and second off they approved me to move here ahead of time.

Can they just let you go for having surgery.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">