• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal hiring practices?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

g35_girl22

What is the name of your state? Texas

Do I have any legal rights if a employer "100%" Guarantees me a position and tells me to turn other positions down. Then doesnt give me the job and I lose other jobs because of it? Thanks

HomeGuru

g35_girl22 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

Do I have any legal rights if a employer "100%" Guarantees me a position and tells me to turn other positions down. Then doesnt give me the job and I lose other jobs because of it? Thanks
**A: and do you have such guaranty in writing?

G

g35_girl22

I have a email where he specifically says that the job offer is "100% real and firm" It doesnt say to turn down other jobs but the email I sent him was asking if the job offer was firm so I can turn down other positions. And that was his reply.

Beth3

You might have a claim for detrimental reliance. You'll need to consult with a local attorney about that. Much depends on your State's case law.

HomeGuru

g35_girl22 said:
I have a email where he specifically says that the job offer is "100% real and firm" It doesnt say to turn down other jobs but the email I sent him was asking if the job offer was firm so I can turn down other positions. And that was his reply.
**A: you keep changing the facts. No, you have no case and your reliance was to you detriment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">