• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legal for a practice manager to discuss details of your resignation letter?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kklass

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

I recently resigned from my job. I sent my resignation letter to the practice manager, and never received confirmation he received it. However, I heard from multiple coworkers that the manager had discussed the details within my letter with them. Is it legal for him to do so? I am under the impression that my resignation letter was confidential and only for him.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your impression is incorrect. He may legally discuss the letter with anyone he chooses to.

Depending on who he is discussing it with, why, and under what circumstances, it may or may not be unprofessional and/or a violation of company policy. But it is legal.

swalsh411

So you honestly believe the WI State Legislature passed a law which says it is illegal for your manager to discuss your resignation letter with your co-workers? :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">