• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal situation of Terminating my employment offer before start my work in UAE-dubai

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

john_j75

Dear Sirs,

I live in Jordan and I got an official employment offer to work in an IT company in the free zone in Dubai. So i resigned from my current work and i have signed the contract and i prepared myself to relocate to Dubai. And they started my visa processing and they asked me to submit my academic certificates to the free zone office to be able to issue the visa, then they send me an airline ticket to go to Dubai on 2 January but before two days of my travel they informed me that my visa was not issued and that they will inform me later, then I kept sending them emails about the visa status without getting any reply, but on 12 January the company send me an email that the management has withdraw my offer because my manager has resigned and because of restructuring the company.
So now i have resigned from my work and also i will not be able to join them in Dubai. So i need to know if i can get any compensation from the company? , bearing in mind that they send me an email that they will transfer 2 months’ salary due to any inconsistency that might have been raised from withdrawing the offer, so should i got more than 2 months or what is the legal situation?

Thanks in advance for any help.

BR

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">