• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Slander??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cardinal48

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

A hired consultant for the non-profit organization I worked for recommended to the board of directors to terminate me. Three quarters of the membership came forward and were outraged for the allegations this consultant made against me. The consultant held a meeting of the members and went over very personal and private details as to why she recommended I be terminated. Many in attendance said they felt like they were in a court room and this consultant was the prosecuting attorney, judge and jury. For all the reasons she gave they were all refutable. She even made very false accusations against me. But during the whole meeting she never once mentioned me by name, only saying the Executive Director (which was my title) everyone there knew she was refering to me. I was told she did this to avoid slander chargers. is there any truth to this? Is there anything I can do?

BelizeBreeze

cardinal48 said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota

A hired consultant for the non-profit organization I worked for recommended to the board of directors to terminate me. Three quarters of the membership came forward and were outraged for the allegations this consultant made against me. The consultant held a meeting of the members and went over very personal and private details as to why she recommended I be terminated. Many in attendance said they felt like they were in a court room and this consultant was the prosecuting attorney, judge and jury. For all the reasons she gave they were all refutable. She even made very false accusations against me. But during the whole meeting she never once mentioned me by name, only saying the Executive Director (which was my title) everyone there knew she was refering to me. I was told she did this to avoid slander chargers. is there any truth to this? Is there anything I can do?
No, she did this because that was probably the scope of her assignment. To look at the Executive Director's responsibilities and how they affected the position the non-profit found itself in.

Unless she forwarded a fact she KNEW to be false and you suffered damages, you have nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">