• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legalities involved in an offer letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shawn_lost

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
Region of employment : Connecticut

I accepted a job offer from a firm A and did sign the offer letter too, now I got an offer from firm B which I really want to join.

Are there any legalities involved if I do not join firm A?

Please advice

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
To be absolutely certain show the offer letter you signed to a local attorney.

However, it is extremely rare that an offer letter is enforceable as a contract so you should be okay. Just give company A all the notice you can.

shawn_lost

Thanks for the reply, the offer letter does not have any clause or statements in which I have agreed to work for them for a fixed period of time. I will try showing that to an attorney for more advice.

Beth3

the offer letter does not have any clause or statements in which I have agreed to work for them for a fixed period of time. Then it's just a job offer and not an employment contract; you are almost certainly free to tell them you've changed your mind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">