• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legality of faxing a signed work contract & etc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chihiro

What is the name of your state? I am from France. My prospective employer is in the UK. However, I will be working in France.

Hi,

1) I received a employment agreement for a job under which I will be hired as a contractor (as opposed to "fulltime" job). My contact in UK asks me to sign the contract and fax a copy back to her. Is the faxed copy legally binding ? For example, I will obviously have the original signed copy but my UK employer will only have faxed copy. I am asking this because if they violate the terms of the agreement (i.e. by not paying me salary), what rights do I have to contest the case ?

2) There is a special section in the contract with the titled "No Waiver" followed by the following:

No waiver by either party of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding unless made and expressly confirmed in writing. Any waiver shall only relate to that matter and any non-compliance or breach will only relate to that matter.
Could someone explain in layman's terms, what it means ?

Thanks

Chi

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">