• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Less qualified promoted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LarryH

Colorado - I am a manager with a highly recognized international tech firm. A regional manager position became available in which I was totally qualified. A significantly less qualified peer received the promotion. I am a white male in my thirties. Is there a law that states the hiring manager must hire the most qualified and, if so, what must I prove?

R

rivulus

Sound like something I experienced. I had been with a company for a few years as a computer operator. At the time,we had only 2 (B & C shifts - programmers monitored during the day). The Operations Supervisor was promoted and a new Supervisor was needed. The IT department head at the time promoted on the basis of seniority,not qualifications. Who became the new Operations Supervisor? A Data Entry Clerk!! Totally clueless and had to be trained by,you guessed it,yours truly!

Your situation is not unusual.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">