• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

let go after giving two weeks' notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brad Lopez

What is the name of your state? CO

Over one week ago I handed in a two weeks' notice to my employer and when I came in to work the next day, they said the company had accepted my notice as of the day it was given (so I no longer had a job there as of the day I put in my notice). Am I entitled to pay for the two weeks in which I didn't work but for which I gave notice?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Brad Lopez said:
What is the name of your state? CO

Over one week ago I handed in a two weeks' notice to my employer and when I came in to work the next day, they said the company had accepted my notice as of the day it was given (so I no longer had a job there as of the day I put in my notice). Am I entitled to pay for the two weeks in which I didn't work but for which I gave notice?

My response:

Had you run a "search" for this situation on this site, as directed at the top of the page, you would have already had your answer, and wouldn't been waiting around.

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

Hey big guy!

Comb the sea breezes out of your hair and join us at 3 p.m. EST for the crop circle Prayer request :D

B

Brad Lopez

thanks jackass

I didn't see the search thing, but then I looked and it doesn't look so good for those two weeks...at least not according to CA state law...I was asking about CO and I didn't see anything, but thanks for your polite reply I AM LIABLE.
Oh, and I only had to wait around five minutes, no sweat off my back.

H

hexeliebe

Well at least you have a good attitude about it. You'd be surprised at how many people come here and expect to be served the answer they want, not what the law is.

As for your situation, even in Colorado and without a contract to the contrary, the employer can let you go for no other reason than you are not going to be there past your two weeks.

Your notice is simply notification that your employment will cease on a particular date. Your employer just beat you to it.

Sorry, but them's the facts.

B

Brad Lopez

thank you for your POLITE reply

thank you...that's all I wanted to know...I wouldn't have quit unless I had another job, anyway...I was just seeing if I could squeeze more money out of those *******s.
I guess you can always be liable but rarely polite.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

"I'LL BE THERE"

You and I must make a pact
We must bring salvation back
Where there is love, I'll be there

I'll reach out my hand to you,
I'll have faith in all you do
Just call my name and I'll be there

Chorus:
And oh - I'll be there to comfort you,
Build my world of dreams around you
I'm so glad that I found you
I'll be there with a love that's strong
I'll be your strength, I'll keep holding on
Yes I will, yes I will

Let me fill your heart with joy and laughter
Togetherness, well that's all I'm after
Whenever you need me, I'll be there
I'll be there to protect you
With an unselfish love I respect you
Just call my name and I'll be there

(Chorus)

If you should ever find someone new
I know he'd better be good to you
'Cos if he doesn't, I'll be there

Don't you know, baby, yeah yeah
I'll be there, I'll be there, just call my name, I'll be there

(Just look over your shoulders, honey - ooh)

I'll be there, I'll be there, whenever you need me, I'll be there

Don't you know, baby, yeah yeah
I'll be there, I'll be there, just call my name, I'll be there...

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

Firing up the tractor now.....and all the cats are in the circle of faith and hope....

now where are those damn dogs!!!

JETX

Since the thread has been closed, I guess we are doomed forever to wonder whether the ticket actually disappeared or not......
Shame...... and I got out my lucky hat all for naught!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">