• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

let go after turning notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jeffkenn

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I turned in a 2 week notice and I was let go immeditally. I am salaried employee. They told me that they would only pay me up to that day, the day I was asked to leave. Am I not intitled toi my 2 weeks pay as well as the rest of the pay for the week. I was let go on a monday and the pay perioded ended on that friday.

Beth3

"Am I not intitled toi my 2 weeks pay as well as the rest of the pay for the week." No. You're employer is not obligated to pay you past the last day you actually worked, regardless of whether you're exempt or non-exempt. You may be eligible for UC benefits for that two week period however, depending on your State's UC regs.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Agreed. For a non-exempt employee, there are NO circumstances when an employer is required by law to pay for time that was not worked.

For an exempt employee, while in most cases the employee must receive their full salary no matter how many hours they work, there are a few exceptions, and one of them is that during the first and last weeks of employment, you only have to be paid for the days you actually work.

So no matter how you slice it, they are not required to pay you for the last four days of the week.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">