• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Let go before an employee hired after me and making same wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SportsMom2Three

What is the name of your state?PA

My boss let me go stating he couldn't afford me, yet he kept an employee hired years after me and making the same rate who has no experience with our current programs. Do I have any recourse?

Last edited:

pattytx

Based on what you described in your post, you have no legal recourse. The concept of "At-will employment", to which your state subscribes, basically states that the employer may terminate your employment at any time for any reason that is not illegal, the same as you may quit at any time for any reason. Terminating one employee and keeping another person is not an illegal reason.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Nor does the law require them to use seniority in making the decision as to whom they should keep and who let go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">