• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Let go, can I file for unemployment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mkrystalkay

What is the name of your state? Arkansas
I was let go from my job last week and I am not sure if I am eligible for unemployment benefits. The break was peaceful and I did not receive any warnings. My employer and I both agreed that I was not right for the job. I tried very hard to do the best I could but I could not keep up with the work. I did not intentionally do a bad job. Is it possible that I may qualify for unemployment because no "wilful misconduct was involve"?
Thanks,
mkrystalkay

Beth3

Under the circumstances you describe, it is virtually certain that you will qualify for unemployment benefits provided you have worked whatever period of time and earned sufficient wages required in your State to qualify. You should apply right away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">