• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Let go and I still haven't received a final paycheck nor the promised severance pay.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

7yearsin

Florida. I was informed by my direct supervisor (Regional V.P.) on Tuesday August 13, 2013 that the company had decided to eliminate my position(Regional Manager) due to a loss of business as well as revenue in the market. I was with this company for almost 7 years and I have no issue with them eliminating my position, however at the time he told me that he was going to pay me my salary for the remainder of the week as well as 2 weeks severance pay. This past Thursday I received a call from my former H.R. manager that there had been an error made on my direct deposit and that they would e taking it back out and sending me a check via UPS overnight and that she would give me a call Friday to let me know when the check was being sent out and when I would receive it. I checked my account Sat evening and the pay for only weeks pay was still in my account. I sent her an email on Saturday reminding them that I had worked 2 days the week I was terminated and the I was promised by my R.V.P. that I would be paid for the remainder of the week as well as 2 weeks severance pay. In addition I received an email with a separation agreement that they want me to sign now in exchange for the 2 weeks severance pay, I plan to have this reviewed my an attorney as I'm not really confidant in the wording and signing away my rights to any future claims that may arise. Additionally I have sent several emails none of which have been returned, at this point I really prefer to send an email so I have everything in writing as opposed to a phone call.

So with tat said here are my questions.

1.) How long do they legally have to at least pay me for the 2 days I worked that week?
2.) Does the Regional V.P. telling me he was going to pay me for the remainder of the week (3 additional days) and pay me 2 weeks severance pay constitute any sort of a contract that I could attempt to enforce?
3.) As he didn't have room in his car at the time of my termination for all of the company owned property in my vehicle he asked me to take it and put in into a company owned storage unit the following day. Would this constitute another day worked as I had to drive about an hour up and an hour back not including time spent at the storage unit to put this stuff into storage?
4.) I know I may not be able to to collect the additional pay for the week nor the 2 weeks severance but how can I ensure I'm paid for at least what I worked?

Thanks.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Florida has no laws regarding the time for an employer to submit a final paycheck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">