• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Let go, with "promise" .....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

California Sun

CALIFORNIA

My last employer stated that they were slow (when they weren't) and told me they would have to let me go for a few weeks, they promised that I would be called when they got busy. Since then I have seen an ad in the paper that tey are hiring. Can they be held liable for breaking their promise?

Also, what is the statute of limitations on sexual harrasment/retaliation?

Thanks

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

As to what they did, california is an at will state == they can fire you for no reason without notice. So you are out of luck there.

As to sexual harassment, you need to read sexual harassment in the employment law section. I am not sure about the statute of limitations but it sounds like you are seeking revenge -- make sure it is fraudulent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">