• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

let go while on disability leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amy georgia

georgia state merit employee for 2 yrs. approved disibilty by state insurance co. beginning 4/17/01 through 9/10/01 with the possibility of extension. my md wrote letter to my employer stating i needed a 6 mo. leave. company put me on family leave rather than disability causing me to be responsible for benefits. can they do that? also on 8/23/01 a letter of seperation was sent to me staying that i did not return from a leave and gave the date of seperation as 7/10/01. in that time i had written several letters to my employer and spoken with my supervisor about returning at a later time. they did not pay me any sick or annual leave. i think they fired me because i am on leave for a psychiatric problem. i did not quit my job. i am concerned about what this will do to my benefits. who can help me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">