• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

letter of commitment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dida92799

What is the name of your state? NY

I am a current grad and had a scholarship from the nyc dept of ed for school in which I need to work for them for 4 years. I was told to go on interviews to find a job within 6 months, I got a few offers, I wish to take one with District Y but when I notified the other one I was not interested she said she sent me a commitment letter so I need to work for her. I never agreed to work for verbally let alone in writing. Does she have the law behind her? I emailed to the scholarship head (letter below) but I want to be prepared if I need to get the law involved.

Thanks

dida

To see a letter with the whole story read below:

I was offered a job by MF in district X on June 16th during an interview, which I accepted. Then on June 27th I was sent a commitment letter by Ms. S. of Region Y (see below) which I didn_t respond to because I did not want to work for Region Y.

I have been speaking to MFfor sometime. I am interested in working in Special Education which is why I did my externship with district x this past Spring and with XYZ the summer prior.

During the job fair I was told to interview with as many regions as I wished, and I felt it could not hurt to have a back-usp in case a job with MF fell through.

I met with Ms. S of Region Y and during the interview informed her that I wanted to work in Queens. Ms. S called me a few weeks later, asking for my social security number to see if my paper work was intact so she could see if a job was available. She said she needed a letter which I faxed so she could look for me. I soon received the commitment letter.

I am not interested in working for the Region Y because my passion is to work with children with special needs. I was also not aware, until you informed me today that when an offer was given I needed to take it or else I would have never interviewed with anyone except for district xwhich is where I wish to work, and where I was offered a job before Ms. S contacted me.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">