• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Letter of confirmation for promotion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samal2

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?PA

I work for a large non-profit organization. I worked for the main offices of this company for a year until I was sent to another location. after working at the new location for 4 years, I was offered a promotion and raise which I accepted. This was to be a new position at my current location. I received a letter of confirmation regarding the pay and job title which also included the day the position would go into effect. Two days before the effective date, I received a call from the person who signed the confirmation letter stating that the position and pay was not going to happen. The explanation given to me was that the parent company wanted a business plan before a promotion to the new title would be given. I later found out the I did receive the title but the pay was way below what I promised. Someone at the top bulked at the increase and decided to stop the raise but the title went through.

Since I have a signed confirmation letter stating the pay and title, Is this something I can fight?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It will depend on the exact wording of the letter. You will need to show it to a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">