• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liability Releases

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kat2Wolf

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
Do liability releases protect former employers even if they lie when providing information about previous employees? Some companies I apply at have me sign releases, which I don't like signing any legal documents, but if I don't...chances are they won't consider me for employment. I do know there is a possibility that one former employer will lie. This former boss is a liability to the company because she has put the organization at risk before. Last year someone filed a suit against them and they settled out of court and part of the agreement is that the former employee is not allowed to discuss the agreement they came to (he was essentially bought). One board member plans on leaving and taking all of his funding with him if the rest of the board members don't take action against her. He has taken my complaint and another former employee's complaint very seriously. At this point I am considering having someone I know check references with various people at this company and if anything comes back slanderous, I then plan on hiring a private investigator to check references and if it continues...then I will file suit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">