• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WhimsicalMe

California

I along with other co-workers have proof that our directors in our organization have been stealing money and they have forged documents. We want to go to the news media. One of my co-workers took document which show what the directors have done. Are we liable if we bring these documents to the news media? We removed these from the directors offices. Can we be charge with anything for doing this? What these people have done is so wrong and we aren't sure of our rights. Please help

seniorjudge

WhimsicalMe said:
California

I along with other co-workers have proof that our directors in our organization have been stealing money and they have forged documents. We want to go to the news media. One of my co-workers took document which show what the directors have done. Are we liable if we bring these documents to the news media? We removed these from the directors offices. Can we be charge with anything for doing this? What these people have done is so wrong and we aren't sure of our rights. Please help
Let me get this straight.

Your employers are bad people because they are committing crimes.

Now y'all are committing crimes and now y'all want to know if y'all are bad people too, right?

What do you think the answer to that question is?

WhimsicalMe

To seniorjudge

The organization that I work for is a non profit and I work at a domestic violence shelter. I feel the community needs to know that the directors are extorting grant money and they are taking away from those who really need it. Tell me, (without sarcasm please) what steps would we take in order to let the community know what these women have done? I am not a criminal by any sort or either are the women that I work with. Does this mean that it's ok that people extort money from the needy? What other way is there that we can get this information out to the community?

seniorjudge

WhimsicalMe said:
The organization that I work for is a non profit and I work at a domestic violence shelter. I feel the community needs to know that the directors are extorting grant money and they are taking away from those who really need it. Tell me, (without sarcasm please) what steps would we take in order to let the community know what these women have done? I am not a criminal by any sort or either are the women that I work with. Does this mean that it's ok that people extort money from the needy? What other way is there that we can get this information out to the community?
Q: Does this mean that it's ok that people extort money from the needy?

A: Where did you find anything like that in my post?

Q: What other way is there that we can get this information out to the community?

A: Google

california qui tam

You will be amazed.

WhimsicalMe

To seniorjudge

I haven't a clue what you mean when you say "google". I need advice. The things that are going on at our shelter are awful. The executive director's daughter is the associate director. We can't go to the board members because they are hand picked by the directors. What are our options please?

seniorjudge

WhimsicalMe said:
I haven't a clue what you mean when you say "google". I need advice. The things that are going on at our shelter are awful. The executive director's daughter is the associate director. We can't go to the board members because they are hand picked by the directors. What are our options please?
www.google.com

Put these search terms in:

california qui tam

Click on the links and read.

If you still do not understand, ask a computer literate friend for help.

WhimsicalMe

To seniorjudge

I thank you for the information. Hopefully now something can be done about the injustices that have occured. Have a great evening.

seniorjudge

WhimsicalMe said:
I thank you for the information. Hopefully now something can be done about the injustices that have occured. Have a great evening.
You are welcome.

(By the way, qui tam is Latin for, "Yo' dirty *** is busted!")

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Keep in mind that going to the news media does NOT guarantee that they'll (a) be interested (b) put the spin on it that you want them to and (c) treat you favorably.

Once you do that, you have NO control over what they say or how they say it.

Instead of going to the news media, have you considered going to the sponsors of the grants? Or don't you think they have any right to be considered in your rush to publicity?

WhimsicalMe

To cbg

We went to the board of directors and we do go to several granters. Grants come from many different areas and nobody seems to care. My concern is now that the holidays are soon aproaching, the community will be sending money to the organization and it will be pocketed by the directors. What other options are there for us? Tuesday is the day we are suppose to speak to the media

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">