• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

listed as a non-rehire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

candrews922

What is the name of your state?NY :( I was fired from a job in 2000. At the time my husband had just been hired for the same company the same week I was fired. I know that this is an "at will" state and I didn't push the firing with the main Company because I didn't want there to be trouble for my husand. The facility was purchased by a larger company a few years ago. So it is a new company. A lot of the same people still work there. I know that I didn't do anything I should have been fired for, and other than my evaluation, there is no documentation for correction. I have been trying to get a job at this facility again. I have been told I am listed as a non-rehire. Do I have any legal recourse for this? I know I was screwed 5 years ago and I feel like I am being screwed all over again. I was to have an evaluation at 3 months and never received one till 5 months and was put on probation at that time. They had to set me up so they could write something bad about me. I had no warnings. They didn't try to work with me. This facility was bought by a large company. Mallinckrodt in fact. They hadn't been owned for long, but would the HR guidelines for the company apply toe acquired facility legally. Even though they hadn't actually put paperwork in place etc. and the people there used this to their advantage. Since 2000 they were purchased again by Tyco who owns them now. They still list mallinckrodt in their title. Thank you. Sincerely Christine Andrews

C

CheeseBlotto

Unfair is in the eye of the beholder. There is nothing illegal here, though.

Sockeye

No legal recourse, Doesn't matter if the company has been bought and sold a dozen time since then, you were fired and as with most companies, not eligible for rehire is the common rule.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">