• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Literature

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SueClassic

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Florida

Do you answer questions from employers also?

If so, we are a start up company and I am trying to find a 'manual' of sorts, that will tell me the basic laws in Florida for (fringe benefits like scheduled breaks and vacation also, part time/full time status, etc.,
We have all of our labor law posters but of course that doesn't cover everything.
There were many to choose from on line but I was hoping you could reccommend one.
Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you for your help.

Sue

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't know of any that are Florida specific, but Nolo's Employers Legal Handbook will offer you a very good overview of labor law in specific, with many state-by-state breakdowns of some of the most needed laws.

The Alexander Hamilton Institute (ahipubs.com) also has a number of excellent publications.

BTW, to respond to your specific issues, Florida does not require the payout of vacation time at termination, and only requires breaks for employees who are minors. I don't know of any state that specifies what is considered full or part time status; that's general a decision that you make (possibly with the input of your insurance carrier). I am certain that Florida does not - I have had Florida employees in the past and just picked up a contract based in Florida.

I'll be happy to help with any other specific questions.

Sockeye

Florida does not have any mandatory "fringe benefits", it's at the call of the employer. Best thing to do is a survey of similar businesses in your field and see what they do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">